I'm rather depressed today, perhaps because the future is uncertain and I fear I will not find proper medical care when it's most needed. Last night my stomach turned because my choice was definitely not Obama. But quite frankly, I wasn't 100% sold on Romney. If I had been, you would have seen an excited post about how much I thought he would save our country. I don't know if anyone can save it. Those who don't follow politics at all would think such a statement dramatic and may accuse me of over reacting. The fact is, there are no native born Americans alive who have ever experienced a country NOT free. We take our freedoms for granted... those of us born here have never known oppression and therefore may not recognize it.
I found a blog today that listed out statistics that make me wonder just what on earth people really think. Where do we come up with these stats and just what group of people are being asked? It makes me think all polls are fixed and fraud. I do not agree with these statistics and can't believe that I'm that far off from the norm.
Blog where stats were posted.
I wish I knew where these stats really came from... I almost wonder if someone just made them up or only asked specific people or misleading questions. I do not agree that it is my governments responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. The government can't even keep Medicare running properly... I hate to think of a government run healthcare system. The insanity of it overwhelms me. So just what 73% of what 100% of people were asked?
- 72% of Americans agree that "differences in income are too large"
- 68% reject the notion that the distribution of wealth and income is fair
- 68% agree that government "must see that no one is without food, clothing, or shelter"
- 87% agree that "government should spend whatever is necessary to ensure that all children have really good public schools they can go to"
- 81% "favor own tax dollars being used to help pay for early childhood education in kindergarden and nursery school"
- 80% "favor own tax dollars being used to help pay for retraining programs for people whose jobs have been eliminated"
- 73% agree that "it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that all Americans have healthcare coverage"