.

.
Formally Bug Drivel; now Freedom Lover USA ~ 2003 - 2016 : All Rights Reserved ~

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Linda Carter Claims the Right Are Spreading Hate... No Mention of the Last Eight Years

I've heard stories about Linda Carter and here she is. Although she sounds sincere and says she believes that people can be democrat and republican, I wonder how much of her story is true. Watch it and tell me what you think.

Loony Linda Carter Worries About "Right Wing Spreading Hate"




I tend to let my eyes wander when I'm talking to someone mainly because I'm trying to remember where I'm going with what I'm saying or trying to remember something. I like to think I'm quick witted but there are moments when my thoughts are jumbled up in a pile and it takes me a moment or two to compile them into an understandable sentence. That being said, I am not stupid. I am making a huge effort to stop the eyes from leaving the face of the person I'm speaking with because I am quite aware that I do it and it bothers me. If I work on it, I can correct what I perceive to be an error.

As I watched this video I kept thinking to myself that something was wrong. There was a little voice that told me that she doesn't really believe what she's saying 100% and that she has to search out for something to add to her beliefs even if they are not true.

Sure enough... my memory served me right and I found this out on the Web.

How To Tell if Someone Is Lying to You


Looking up to the right. Looking up and to the right stimulates the part of the brain associated with imagination (that is, making things up), whereas looking up and to the left stimulates the part of the brain associated with recalling memories (that is, telling the truth).

Now this isn't to say she was looking up and to the right all the time... often she was looking anywhere but into the reporter's eyes. Sometimes she was just glancing to the right slightly over his shoulder... sometimes she was just glancing straight up and other times she looked over his left shoulder.

The big moment where she looked up and to the right was when she said, speaking of Barrack Obama, "he...... really is.... uh... he's really an interesting guy and he's smart."

Then she added quickly and looking directly into the reporter's eyes "Will he make mistakes... I'm sure he will, but he's not blundering through."

Not blundering through, huh? Interesting comment.

The following statements were quick and she looked directly into the reporter's eyes when saying them.


"He super charged a whole generation of people"

"will he make mistakes... I'm sure he will."


You're right Linda... he did super charge a generation of people... and he will make mistakes that apparently you and everyone who supports him will chock off as just a little error and that's okay because he's... what?

Why should we give him a break and yet not be allowed to give President Bush a break? Where's your anger towards the creation of hate towards our former president?

When asked if she couldn't understand why anyone would be a Republican (playing off a Cher interview the reporter had previously) she said "NO", without hesitation, because there is always an opposition. Quite true, Linda... quite true. There is nothing wrong with being a Republican or a Democrat... what's wrong is when people are so blinded to their own beliefs that they never allow themselves to see the other side as possibly being correct. It's a hard thing for some to accomplish... I work on it often.

She went on to say (in a rather broken up pattern)...


"the only problem I really have is the spreading of hate by right wing... super-right... the spreading of hate, I don't get it. I don't understand it. It's inexplicable to me not to just want the best for people and hey, disagree politically but. I think it's really bad for mental health to listen to hate 24/7 about something that you know... give the guy a break"

Give the guy a break???

So does this mean she is upset primarily because the super right wing people are spreading hate towards Barrack Obama? That's what it sounds like to me. I'm more concerned about the spreading of hate in America towards our everyday citizens. Towards anyone who is hated because of how they look... whether they are Mexican, White, Black, short, tall... whatever the reason. I'm really not as concerned about whether or not every American LOVES Obama.

... and where is her concern for the last eight years when the media was spreading hate towards George W Bush? Where's the anger towards the Left for continually bringing up racism... from Jesse to the everyday reporter?

She says it's bad for mental health to listen to hate 24/7. I have a friend who is home-bound and listens to CNN and MSNBC continually and guess what? She's angry at President Bush and all Republicans... she hates them... she fumes about them. I agree with Linda... no one should listen to any channel 24/7 no matter what side they represent. But for her to simply finger out the Right is hypocritical.

But here's a question for you. If I don't think channels like FOX are spreading hate and if she doesn't think channels like MSNBC are spreading hate... who's to say which of us is correct? I often wonder if "hate" is perceived in so many different manners that we're truly looking at differently.

I see that FOX isn't blinded by the light of Obama's mixed messages and I see that they denounce racism and profess that continually bringing it up prolongs it.

I see MSNBC as making Obama's light as blinding as possible so we can't see what's beyond him as well as continually mentioning race in order to keep it on the table.

So does she and others see FOX as always trying to undermine Obama even if it means bringing up "unimportant" things (to them) while mentioning that it doesn't matter that the man is black (which DOES mean a lot to them) and therefore FOX is racist channel?

And do they see MSNBC as bringing out the good news regarding Obama and continually backing him while making mention of his historic moment of becoming the first black president and how others must hate him and all black people if they don't agree with him?

Ah... and therein lies the way we see things... and some of the reasons why we just can't agree all the time.

4 comments:

ParaPacem said...

Maybe she was looking past him to read the Teleprompter.
<< Open eyes wider. Tilt head. Add lilt to voice. Feign surprise and look left. Make 'golly gee; expression and say "Haters are such MEAN people, and they are ALL on the right-wing side!" >>

She may be a woman... but she ain't no wonder.

Bug said...

You know what really bothers me? Probably not until I tell ya, huh.

Anyway... what really bothers me is how disappointed I keep getting in my old-time favorite characters (aka actors). I used to watch Wonder Woman and really liked it. It's just like getting slapped in the face with a mildewy wet wash cloth. :o(

david drake said...

Wonder Woman isn't aware of the hate being spread by her own Liberal party. That's sad.

Bug said...

It is sad actually... and I keep getting sad when entertainers speak out and say some of the dumbest things. I wouldn't say she said "dumb" things... just ignorant things.

May we each take the moment necessary out of this day and any day we feel the need to remember those who have gone before us in defense of our freedoms. Without them... we would not be "here"... we would be in chains. ~Bug~