.

.
Formally Bug Drivel; now Freedom Lover USA ~ 2003 - 2016 : All Rights Reserved ~

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The American Form of Government: A Republic... Not a Democracy

This video was nicely done... they should play it over and over again in our schools!!

Actually, they should play it on local and cable channels so that the adults who think our country is a Democracy can get a lesson in government and see why some things just never work.

It's a very basic and simplistic video... but that's what people seem to need.



VIDEO: The American form of government - found on The912Project as a discussion about the 12th Principle of Liberty and the difference between a Democratic Society and a Republic and how this video explains it.

3 comments:

Conservative Scalawag said...

I've come across this video as well,but thanks for posting it again to remind Americans what we are.

Bug said...

I have never seen it before but most of the things we "find" on-line really have been around a while; I'm just now getting to them. :o)

I went on over to your blog and now I'm all enraged about this new Safety Modernization Act... thanks for more stuff to get mad about. No... seriously... the only way I get the really important news is to follow my fellow bloggers, read what they are passionate about and then go out and research it myself. The evening news certainly gives me nothing.

I seriously doubt that the ladies at my work know anything about Obama's recent Special Olympics moment because they don't watch the Tonight Show and they either don't watch news or only watch certain forms of it. The ironic part is... many of them recently participated in the Special Olympics and I'm sure they would be quite angry!!

Thanks for the comment.

JMK said...

THAT is a GREAT video and an excellent and accurate leesson in history and civics.

May we each take the moment necessary out of this day and any day we feel the need to remember those who have gone before us in defense of our freedoms. Without them... we would not be "here"... we would be in chains. ~Bug~