.

.
Formally Bug Drivel; now Freedom Lover USA ~ 2003 - 2016 : All Rights Reserved ~

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Obama - Dreams from My Father



4:10 into the video: "The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity - she doesn't. But she is a typical white person who... if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know there's a reaction in her that's been bred into our experiences that don't go away, and that sometimes come out in the wrong way." Barack Obama

I would NEVER make a statement about another person and say "she's a typical black person" or "he's a typical mexican" or "she's a typical Italian". And if I did... especially using certain adjectives, I would be called a racist. I call it the way it is... if I can't say these things without being called a racist... then that rule applies to everyone else.

... Another NEW POST just below ...

No comments:

May we each take the moment necessary out of this day and any day we feel the need to remember those who have gone before us in defense of our freedoms. Without them... we would not be "here"... we would be in chains. ~Bug~