.

.
Formally Bug Drivel; now Freedom Lover USA ~ 2003 - 2016 : All Rights Reserved ~

Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Day of Operation America Rising

I went to my state's version of Operation America Rising. There weren't as many people as we hoped would be there but since it went from 11am until 5pm, people came and went as they pleased. I was there from about noon until 2pm... and then it was just too hot for me to stay longer.


















***************


I spoke with a Marines recruiter for my son and one of them will actually be visiting his high school every Thursday this coming year. I joked by saying at least they're still welcome in the high schools (opposed to the colleges) and they said they're even losing the ability to go there in some cases. In my opinion (humble though it may be), the more information you keep from people regarding the military, the less people who will volunteer and the more likely of a draft returning to our country. That's just plain stupid because volunteers fight more vigorously and with more conviction than anyone who's forced to go!!









Here are all the pictures I took. There were flags representing Desert Storm, the Vietnam Vets, the Army, POWs and many others. It was quite colorful!! :o)

I recently cancelled my cable so I don't know how much news coverage it will end up getting. Channel 7 was a sponsor, so I'm assuming it will get some mention.

LINK: HUNDREDS TURN OUT FOR OPERATION AMERICA RISING IN BOISE

No comments:

May we each take the moment necessary out of this day and any day we feel the need to remember those who have gone before us in defense of our freedoms. Without them... we would not be "here"... we would be in chains. ~Bug~