.

.
Formally Bug Drivel; now Freedom Lover USA ~ 2003 - 2016 : All Rights Reserved ~

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Polls - How I hate them

Drake: Bush Approval Rating Drops, Congress Approval Rating Drop Even Lower

Who DOES get asked these "poll" questions and HOW are they worded. That's something I would be very much interested in... the actual questions!!

My comment to David's post.

I think I've given up on polls. I like them when they're in agreement with me... of course... and it bothers me when they go against what I think.

But that's how I FEEL and it's how many people FEEL. We hate it when polls tell us we're "wrong" or on the wrong side.

The thing is... I've pretty much given up on them outright because I don't know when it's truth or fiction. The polls tell me how much America doesn't like Bush or how much we want to abandon the war effort, etc.

No one asks me!

And quite frankly, I think the polls are very deceiving because of the way the questions are worded. They could say "do you think we should end the war" and if a person says "yes", then it's deemed that they really said "Bush is a moron and we need to get out of Iraq and flee to our own soil and never again help another country". So... the polls say Bush is bad.

I don't believe them. I think Bush is getting bad reviews from all sides but the questions are still deceiving and it looks like all of America is against him and blames him for everything. It's easy to blame any president in power... very easy.

4 comments:

dave drake said...

hi Bug. I posted your comment and replied to it over at my blog.

I pretty much agree with you on polls and how they are worded to reach results that the pollsters predeterming they want to reach.

I put the finding of the poll up at my blog just to irritate the Libs since they never fail to bring the poll issue up when Bush drops a point or five in any new national poll.

No one's ever polled me either.

Hey! - how about we poll each other and publish the results as FACT! (lol!)

Layla said...

I agree with you bug and I applaud your response. I have asked the very same questions you have. It is mind boggling when I think that people I know, myself included, have NEVER once even been approached by a pollster asking any questions - ever. So where do they get their info, who do they REALLY ask - and yes, how do they word it--I get the feeling it is almost like a trick question. And the answeree is anonymous.

Bug said...

David... what a wonderful idea. Of course, most people tend to believe their own comments in their own blogs are already fact. HA!

Bug said...

Layla... the fact so many people we know have never been polled and we don't really know what the questions are or who they're really asking, I'm beginning to think these so called polls don't really exist. Truly... anyone can throw numbers in a chart and call it a poll.

Thank you for commenting... I love your blog, by the way. :o)

May we each take the moment necessary out of this day and any day we feel the need to remember those who have gone before us in defense of our freedoms. Without them... we would not be "here"... we would be in chains. ~Bug~