.

.
Formally Bug Drivel; now Freedom Lover USA ~ 2003 - 2016 : All Rights Reserved ~

Saturday, September 24, 2005

What happens when I can't write

Apparently, I write about not being able to write.

Being an extreme writer makes it hard when I either have nothing I wish to write about or no inspiration to create something new. Everyone comes across a road block in writing... if not now, then some day soon. Life is not a constant stream of monotone voices. Life brings ups and downs and new turns in a river that flows faster than any canoe can manage.

There have been times when I just didn't care if I ever wrote again. This is based off those moments of exasperation towards my writing abilities or lack of imagination. Hell... if I can't be excited about my writing, why would I want to write anything?

So today I am writing in order to remember that I do love writing. To remind myself that I do have something to say about many different things. To keep myself in training, if you will.

Last year was met with very little writing for me because I was dealing with many personal and family trials. I was told to write anyway, but I couldn't quite get my fingers to cooperate with my mind... or perhaps it was the other way around. The truth be told, I should have written anyway. If not in my stories, than at least in a journal. Okay... I did accomplish a little journal writing, but not much. Most of my writing was complaining about not writing.

Stress from everyday life causes me to clamp up at the keyboard or hide in front of the television or sleep longer than I should or visit the mall when I have no cash. Quiet moments are not necessarily better than those filled with noise. If it's TOO quiet, I tend to dwell on subjects I don't wish to write about and I end up further behind.

I am an extreme writer... when I write.

My goal is to write when it's least comfortable... to write when I would rather watch a movie: to write when I am hungry, or tired, or angry, or feeling loved.

What other way do I have to express ALL that I wish to express?

That is... and still have a record of expressing it. :)





No comments:

May we each take the moment necessary out of this day and any day we feel the need to remember those who have gone before us in defense of our freedoms. Without them... we would not be "here"... we would be in chains. ~Bug~