.

.
Formally Bug Drivel; now Freedom Lover USA ~ 2003 - 2016 : All Rights Reserved ~

Thursday, May 8, 2003

Is it my fault? - Old Blog Post

Why is it we feel we have to blame someone for everything bad that has ever happened to another human being?

Is it my fault that Hitler killed so many people? Is it my fault that slavery was brought to America? Is it my fault that some homeless guy sits on the street corner begging for food and money?

How can I ever possibly apologize to all the millions of people who have ever been hurt by them or by some other asshole who felt it was their right to hurt people?

I feel sorry for everyone who is ever hurt when it is not their fault they are being hurt. I don't feel sorry for anyone who does stupid things that cause themselves to be hurt.

It's just so aggravating to know that people can hold me accountable for things I have no way of controlling - OR - things that happened long before I was born. I am truly sorry for all the pain and suffering people went through... but it is really my place to apologize?

An apology from a complete stranger for what happened to me when I was nine years old is completely irrelevant!! So why would anyone try to say they are sorry for something they had nothing to do with?

And another thing... why is it that a person feels they deserve an apology for something that happened to their great, great, great grandfather or grandmother? It didn't happen to them directly and getting an apology for someone else (even if it is their family) may help a little... but only if it's an apology from the person who actually did what needs apologizing!

No comments:

May we each take the moment necessary out of this day and any day we feel the need to remember those who have gone before us in defense of our freedoms. Without them... we would not be "here"... we would be in chains. ~Bug~